Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Week 9

How does a teacher successfully utilize video in the classroom?  Bob Sprankle compiles a fantastic list of ways in which teachers can integrate video in his article aptly entitled "Caught on Video."

I love Sprankle's ideas about preserving the excitement of learning and school memories, but the idea that keeps nagging at me has to do with math.  I can only imagine how helpful it would have been to be able to watch my teacher work out the problems from the class period as I was later doing my homework racking my brain to remember the day's lecture.

Math problems require such a specific process that if students forget one step, they will end up with the wrong answer.  I think being able to use video to review the day's lecture would clear up so many math frustrations that nearly all students have.

No comments:

Post a Comment