Monday, April 15, 2013

Week 11

I chose to scout around The Innovative Educator for technology and other educational insights.  The blog was engaging, and I found myself wanting to read more entries.  I chose to comment on a post by a guest writer entitled 6 Reasons Why You Should Use 6 Laptops in Your Classroom.  The entry addresses the issue of insufficient technology resources in public schools.  It suggests that students collaborate using one laptop per group.  I think this is a fantastic solution because it forces students to polish other skills that will be useful in future careers in addition to learning the day's lesson.

On browsing through the site, it seemed that teachers, appropriately, submitted most of the comments.  I think posting an entry as a student enhances the learning community because it puts those of us in training in contact with those who are innovating directly for the classroom.  Through blog comments, theory can meet practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment