Monday, January 28, 2013
Week 2, Part 2
I chose to focus on NETS-T #1 and NETS-S #4.
The first technology standard for teachers says that teachers should "use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments."
I think that this standard is particularly important because students want to learn only when doing something that interests them. This standard requires teachers to use technology to foster creative environments in which students want to learn.
The fourth technology standard for students says that students should "use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources."
I chose this standard because I think that it puts technology to its best use. Technology is particularly helpful in a classroom (and in real life) when used to solve or research a specific problem. Much like a hammer would be useless unless you had something which needed hammering, so technology is somewhat useless unless you have a problem to solve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment