Friday, January 25, 2013

Reflection #1

Perhaps I am better acquainted with technology than I had assumed!  I just completed training on one of the university's technological resources.  The training was an hour long and consisted of undergraduates as well as graduate students, faculty, and staff.

I was astonished at the amount of questions!  It seemed like a fairly simple website to maneuver, yet we used the entire hour, and questions were still floating around at the end.

I noticed that many of the graduate students were middle aged.  This served as a bit of a revelation to me: the people writing technology standards aren't young.  The people behind complex government documents dictating an appropriate amount of technology in the classroom are extremely familiar with those who cannot even find the on/off button on a computer.  They are imposing uncomfortable standards on their own generation.

It's very possible that future teachers from my generation will not have any problems integrating technology in the classroom.  It's entirely second nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment