Monday, February 25, 2013

Reflection #3

Lately, I have been pondering the future of education and how many professionals are arguing that we are on the brink of an educational revolution.  With the advent and rapid advancement of technology, many say that our educational system will look massively different in as little as the next few years.

These thoughts force me back to thinking of past learning revolutions, and the first that comes to mind is the invention of the printing press.  With the written word newly accessible, the way we transferred information and communicated drastically changed.

Is our social-media, information-happy world on the brink of a new printing press?  Or have we already stumbled upon it without realizing its potential to change the very way we learn in such a severe way?  I'm not convinced that technology will change us as much as the printing press, but perhaps I'm just insisting that the world is flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment