When is attempting to use technology in the classroom not admirable? When is it better to just leave it out of the picture?
We all had teachers who, embarrassingly to the rest of us, were entirely incompetent with technology. This, of course, never prevented them from trying, however. Whether sitting through a powerpoint presentation displayed in editing mode throughout the class or watching as the teacher suffered to figure out how to close a program, we all have been distracted by such teachers.
I wonder if such teachers would be better off leaving out the technology altogether. Is their lack of proficiency with the technology more distracting than a total lack of technology? Of course the best solution would be to educate them on how to use it correctly, but we live in an imperfect world.
What shall we do with the tech-incompetents of the education world? I can't say that I know, but I can only hope that I will never become one.
No comments:
Post a Comment