Yesterday, I went on an internet quest to figure out how to embed songs into a blog post. The trek took much longer than expected, but I eventually figured it out. It made me feel so accomplished.
Then I started to think how long the same task would have taken a kid to figure out. No matter how quickly I do something, there will be some kid somewhere who's doing it faster. The same principle works on the other side of the spectrum, however. No matter how slow I am with technology, there's somebody out there who's slower.
Humanity isn't equal in anything, so why should we expect it to be in technology? Kids are always going to be faster at technology; adults will always be slower. In order to master this whole technology thing, we need to have humility and grace. Besides, technology is always developing, so even the most tech-savvy individual will never run out of things to learn.
I agree that technology is going to come much quicker for kids, but i feel that if technology is going to be used in the classroom the teacher needs to understand it enough so that students do not get confused. Technology is a tool, but it is only a tool if you know how to use it.
ReplyDelete